Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is critical for your account security and is required on all Evangel accounts. Here are the steps for setting up MFA on your account.
Step By Step Instructions for MFA Setup
- On your phone, download the Microsoft Authenticator App. The icon looks like this:
- On your computer, open a web browser and sign in to your Evangel account.
- After signing in, you will be prompted to provide more information.
- Click Next and you will be redirected to an MFA setup Page.
- Click Next until you get to a QR code.
- Open the Microsoft Authenticator App.
- Tap to add an account and select work or school account.
- Select Scan QR code. (You will need to allow the app to access your camera and send you notifications)
- Scan the QR code with your camera, then you should see your account added to the app.
- Back on your computer, click on the Next button.
- An authentication test will start. You will be given a number on your computer and a prompt should appear in the Authenticator App on your phone asking for the number.
- Once you confirm the number, you will have successfully paired the Authenticator App with your account. You can now click Next again on your computer.
- Your mobile phone number will need to be associated with your account. Enter the number and a text message will be sent to you.
- Confirm you've received the text by entering the 6-digit code into the prompt, then your phone number will be successfully linked to your account.
- Click Next and then click Done.
Sign in experience with the Authenticator app
Now that MFA has been set up on your account, the next time you sign in, you will be prompted to authenticate.
Upon entering your username and password you should receive a prompt asking to Approve the sign in.
A notification should appear on your phone that will take you to the Microsoft Authenticator App. If the notification doesn't appear, try opening the app. Once in the app, you will be asked to Approve or Deny the sign in as well as enter a number that will be shown on the sign in page.
If you are the one signing in, then go ahead and tap Yes. If you are not currently trying to log in to your account then you will want to tap "No, it's not me".
If you have any questions about the setup process or run into any errors, please contact the IT Helpdesk at email@example.com or call 417-865-2815 ext. 4357