Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) is critical for making sure that your account is secure. Here are the steps for setting MFA up on your account.
Below is a video that walks through the process step by step.
Step By Step Instructions for MFA Setup
- On your phone, download the Microsoft Authenticator App from the App store or Google Play Store.
- On your computer, log in to myaccount.evangel.edu in a web browser and click on the Security info button on the left hand sidebar or the update info button on the Security Info tile.
- On the Security info page, click on the Add Method button and select Authenticator App from the dropdown and then click Add
- Click next until you get to a QR Code window.
- Back on your phone, open the authenticator app and proceed through the prompts until you get to a page where you can add an account.
- If it prompts you to choose between what type of account to add, select "Work or School account"
- Select to scan a QR code and scan the QR code on your computer.
- You will need to allow notifications for the app to function properly.
- Once you scan the QR code and it adds the account into the app, click Next on your computer and you should get a test authorization for you to approve on your phone.
- After giving approval, your account and the app will be linked together.
How to Authenticate with the Authenticator app
Once MFA has been turned on for your account, the next time you sign in to any of the services below, you will be asked to authenticate the login.
- Evangel Email (Outlook Web Client)
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Home Access Plus
Upon entering your username and password you should receive a prompt asking to to Approve the sign in.
You should automatically receive a notification on your phone that will take you to the Microsoft Authenticator App. Once in the app, you will be asked to Approve or Deny the login.
If you are the one signing in then go ahead and hit Approve. If you are not currently trying to log in to your account then you will want to tap Deny.
If you have any questions about the setup process or run into any errors please contact the IT Helpdesk at Help@evangel.edu or call 417-865-2815 ext. 4357