1) PACKAGE NOTIFICATIONS: If you would like another colleague or a student work study to pick up your package(s) on behalf of your department, our office will need the print-off of that package’s notification. We understand that visiting our establishment may not be conducive to your schedule on select days, so we are offering this service to someone else in your department who visits us more regularly.
2) POLICY FOR SENDING OUT PERSONAL PACKAGES: As a faculty or staff member, we have resumed our services for sending out personal boxes or packages, both prepaid and postage that you pay upon your arrival.
Our only request is to avoid bringing in personal packages to process during the first two weeks of every fall semester and spring semester. For this academic year, these dates are Monday, August 23 through Friday, September 3, 2021 and Monday, January 10 through Friday, January 21, 2022.
This request DOES NOT apply for packages sent out by departments, as those will be processed regularly.
During the beginning of each semester, our team handles routing and sending out hundreds of packages for students, faculty, and staff on a daily basis, as well as receiving an increased number of print requests. Thus, we request holding off sending personal packages during those two weeks. Beginning with the third week of each semester, we look forward to resuming that service on your behalf.
3) PRINT CHARGES TO DEPARTMENTS: Thank you for reading closely the differences found in these two different categories for print charges.
Any promotional materials or non-specialized printing requests (i.e., posters, brochures, student examinations, and test prints) are free. This free service can be placed by completing a Print Request Form. We do adhere to an 8-hour policy for ALL print requests, unless advance arrangements are arranged by calling extension 7239 or physically visiting the Mail and Print Center to discuss.
Any book materials (which students would then purchase) or specialized printing (with Southworth for dissertations) will incur charges to your department. I, Joey, will reach out to you with a quote of charges ONLY IF the department would be charged for these services. If I do not reach out to you, the printing request that you have submitted will be free.
The digital maps for accessing our Print Request Form are as follows:
1) Employee/Faculty Portal: Top Left Corner is Services, click on Mail and Print Request Form (third option), Complete all Required Fields, and Submit
2) Evangel Website: In the Top Left Corner is the option for Employees, click on Mail & Print Request Form (second to last option: bottom right corner), Complete all Required Fields, and Submit
4) LARGE BOXES ON DOCK: Due to the high number of packages coming in typically during our hours of operation, we do request that if you have ordered and receive anything heavier than 20 pounds, please arrange to pick up these items within the same work week as the first notification. For example, when you receive the first routed notification on a Thursday morning, please make arrangements to pick up the items before 4:30 p.m. the following Thursday. These large boxes block our carts from moving easily and effectively, and our service to others is thus delayed.
To help with the transport of larger packages, we have 3 carts available on a first come, first serve basis, which can be checked out of our system for up to 3 hours. You also have the authorization to park temporarily on our Dock in order to pick up packages, and our office will help with loading items into your vehicle.
5) NAMES ON ORDERED PACKAGES: Our office has recently received a number of unrecognizable names or no names at all on the labeling. When ordering and delivering to Evangel, please write the name of the actual recipient. If the ordering person differs than the recipient, please provide BOTH names on the external shipping labels, to ensure less confusion and faster delivery of ordered items. If space is limited when writing the names on the order forms, writing the last names for both people will be sufficient.
6) DEPARTMENT MAILBOXES: If you would like to check your mailbox from inside the Mail and Print Center, you are allowed to do so. When looking for your department’s slot, please refer to the slot underneath where your department name appears. If you are unsure, please refer to the orange sheet by the mailboxes or talk with one of our employees, as we would be happy to help you in the future collect your items.
7) UNWANTED BOXES: We are happy to take your unwanted recycled boxes, either to repurpose for others who will eventually send out items in the mail or to recycle those boxes on your behalf. Feel free to stop by with these boxes during our operating hours: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and we will be happy to take those boxes off your hands.
8) STAMPS: There are no limitations on stamp purchases. When purchasing with Credit or Debit Card, our system only accepts a $1 minimum charge, so we are happy to sell you two stamps or an envelope to cover the purchase minimum. We also accept Cash for transactions. We are unable to process checks, but in order to get Cash, feel free to visit the Bursar’s Office next door (Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.).
9) DELIVERY TIMES: Included are guidelines for when normally Carriers pick up and drop off their items. Every day is different and schedules are subject to change, but on a typical basis, these are the times that our office has observed deliveries occur.
UPS – 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
USPS – 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
FedEx Ground – 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Amazon – 12:00 to 3 p.m.
FedEx Express – By Appointment Only (please contact us for pick-up arrangements)
10) CLOSED WINDOW ONCE USPS PICKS UP FOR THE DAY: In order to quickly inform you whether the mail has come in, we will now close the overhead Window at the front of the Center once USPS has picked up for the day. USPS’ time for picking up the mail fluctuates, from being as early as 3 p.m. to being as late as 5 p.m. To ensure that something is mailed out, thank you for making arrangements to come with your mail no later than 2:30 p.m. to be processed.
If you have any unanswered questions concerning these guidelines/policies, please email me or visit me at the Mail and Print Center to discuss. Knowledge is power, and I enjoy empowering you, as we as a community continue serving Evangel students.