Problem: I want to set my own power options for my laptop.
Resolution: Below is a quick guide on how to manage managing these settings.
- Click the Start button.
- In the search box (just above the Start button) type Power Options.
- Select the Power Options from the top of the list.
- Click on Create a power plan.
- Click on Balanced. (recommended)
- Change the plan name at the bottom.
- Click next.
- Change the settings to your preferences and click create.
- Contact IT if you would like suggestions for your settings.