Problem: My computer is stuck on the "Group Policy Power Options Policy" screen.
Resolution: There might be a few causes for this issue.
- Computer might be performing a large software update and will need more time.
- Computer might have been off the network or shut off for an extended period of time.
- Computer might be trying to install a software that has encountered an error.
- There might be a slow or limited connection to the network.
To resolve this issue you can try the following before contacting the helpdesk:
- Wait for the updates to finish.
- Go through the shutdown procedure. Once off, unplug and plug the computer back in.
- Restart the computer.
- Unplug the network cable, allow the computer to reach the "CTRL + ALT + DEL" screen.
- Plug the network cable back in, login and call the helpdesk.
Please try the above steps for resolution before submitting a request.